Okay, so it’s been an official birthday year! Last year, I started (for the very first time) a list of 26 Before 26. It has been an incredible journey and I have definitely done a lot. I’m very excited about it and I am definitely going to make it something that I can continue to do… until it gets a little ridiculous. So, I’ve decided to take this post to review everything that I accomplished and… those I didn’t. While not everything on the list was accomplished, it was my first go and I’m still very excited about those that I did manage to complete.
1. Watch: Memento – Accomplished. I loved this movie – I thought it was incredible and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to just be blown away. It is not a family movie but you will enjoy it.
2. Do: Start Saving for a Camera – Accomplished. I started to save… I will not lie about that. Somewhere in the middle though it turned into saving for a Kindle. I realized that saving for a camera was going to take me a few years at the rate I was going. I still saved… the end product just changed.
3. Read: Crime and Punishment – Failed. I started reading it; however, I never finished it. I do plan on finishing it at some point though. The deadline just never came.
4. Make: a wind-chime – Failed. This one proved to be a challenge. There were tools required that I didn’t have. Hopefully I’ll get to do this one eventually as well after doing some more research to make a more… doable wind-chime.
5. Cook: Red Velvet Cupcakes – Accomplished. This one was my first one I accomplished and I loved it! They tasted delicious and I got some very colorful pictures from it as well! Definitely a good Valentine’s Day treat.
6. Watch: Casablanca – Accomplished. This one was amazing! It’s definitely romantic and such a great movie to watch with a glass of wine… maybe some ice cream… cheesecake.. well, you get the picture. It’s awesome.
7. Do: Grace In Small Things – Accomplished. I was very excited to do this and it was awesome and a great way of recognizing all the great things in my life. I listed, through the year, 260 awesome and amazing things in my life.
8. Make: Wrap Bracelet – Failed. I never got around to doing this. It was definitely an easy one to accomplish; however, it was just one of those things that I was just unable to do.
9. Read: Animal Farm/1984 – Accomplished. These books were awesome. I blew through both of them in like, two weeks. It was so incredibly written and had such great ideas. I would recommend it for anyone’s reading list.
10. Cook: Homemade Shamrock Shake – Accomplished.I loved these! It was a full day of green! They tasted delicious. It’s very easy and it’s definitely fun to do! Add a little fun, creativity, and some more green for the next St. Patrick’s Day!
11. Watch: The Green Mile – Failed. I definitely want to watch this eventually. It’s something that is considered a classic. So, I might read it or watch it or both. I definitely want to do something with it though!
12. Do: Swimming – Accomplished. I was so proud of myself for doing this! I took lessons and bought accessories. It was just something I was wanting to do and I’m very very happy that I did it.
13. Make: Bottlecap Craft – Accomplished. This turned out really good! It looks very sophisticated and it definitely works in my bedroom. I’m tempted to make a few of them!
14. Read: Lord of Flies – Accomplished. This was a good read as well. It was definitely interesting to see how the author portrayed the true barbaric nature of humans.
15. Do: Achieve Goal Weight – Accomplished. This one was something that really taught me a lot about myself and about how I choose to live my life. It was hard at times, don’t get me wrong. But it is something that challenge everyone to do. When you start seeing results and seeing how much better you look and feel, you’ll be glad you did.
16. Read: Hitchhiker’s Guide – Failed. This one I started reading as well and I can not remember why I stopped. It actually enjoyed it! It was hilarious and fun and interesting! I definitely definitely plan on reading this one.
17. Watch: Shawshank Redemption – Accomplished. It definitely made for a good date night movie… surprisingly. I wanted to watch it because everyone I know has watched it. Now I know what everyone is talking about when they quote or reference it. It’s a very smart movie and I am glad I did this one.
18. Make: Braided Hex Nut Bracelet – Accomplished. This one took all of 10 minutes to do. So it’s definitely something that you can do quickly and make as a homemade gift to someone that is crafty and creative. You could make a few of these in just a short amount of time. It’s definitely fun and cute.
19. Cook: Jalapeno Cream Cheese Poppers – Accomplished. This one… didn’t look so good when it turned out. But it definitely tasted AWESOME! Definitely good snacks for a game night, girls night, boys night… anything really. They’re delicious.
20. Read: Elynia – Accomplished. Anything you read that you can add to your bookshelf is great. You learn something from everything you read.
21. Make: Market Bag – Accomplished. This one is definitely very fun and easy. I would definitely combo it with #18 up there. It’s a great gift that is handmade and creative.
22. Cook: Better Coffee Brand – Failed. This one I never got to do only because it’s one of those things (like the rest) when you think, “oh, this won’t take long so I’ll leave it for last,” and the next thing you know, time’s up. Definitely want to do this though.
23. Do: Two miles under 14 minutes – Failed. This one I completely let go of doing because I realized that I didn’t want to do it. I wanted to do the distance more than I wanted to do the speed. So, I sort of veered away from this one.
24. Watch: Maltese Falcon – Failed. This was one that I thought would be easy to do and kept it for last. I’m still definitely very interested in this one though. It’s a classic and I hope to accomplish this very soon.
25. Read: Catch-22 – Accomplished. This is also a very good read. It’s fun and deep all at once. It goes around in circles but it definitely has a great, awesome ending! Put it on your reading list!
26. Cook: Fruit Pizza – Accomplished. I think was my most favored item on the list. I couldn’t stop ranting and raving about it… even days later! Just, drop everything now and go make it. It’s freaking awesome!
Overall, I’m glad to be able to look back on my year and say that I’ve accomplished all of this. I got to experience a lot and I enriched my life as well. I have such great pieces to show and great stories to tell because of this. I would highly recommend people do this. You won’t regret it.